Changing Faces

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weight gain: Good or Bad?

My female siblings are actually big. I am (ooh...was) actually the only female that looks like a stick...what we term in nigeria as 'ilepa shandi'. It was so terrible then because i couldnt even wear my sisters clothes.

I always prayed to God to make me fat overnight. My prayers just got answered but despite my inner peace at my build, people around are like "you are no longer beautiful" "you need to watch it, girl" "You dont look sexy anymore" these comments and more keeps coming my way daily and am like "am i really going out of proportion or is it just the craze for thin reed babes?

Anyways, i am not going to allow these comments to stop me from feeling great about myself.

Last time i shopped i was shocked at the size that really accomodated my big backside. But to be very sincere, i am happy. Very happy. If you have to put into consideration my thin frame, maybe you will understand my joy with the fact that i have added weight.

The problem now is...the clothes i bought the last time no longer fit! I spend up to 2 minutes putting on my trousers and my shirts no longer buttons. The zipper on my skirt doesnt zip anymore. Not until then did the question begin to go round in my head...am i getting fat?!

See, i used to be a size 8.

I have been to the gym just to reduce a little fat and guess what, i ran away after some months. The instructor at the gym is really baffled! I have no reason whatsoever for not going anymore. I just stopped going. My friends are like "is she crazy or something"

The question i have been asking myself of late is "are you really happy with your physique or simply playing with fire?"

Now, i wear size 12.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Like they say....
Be careful what you ask for...

KemiMamaLopes said...

Size 12... Hmm, if only I was as happy as you are when I was a size 12, I might still be there now. Enjoy. Love your blog. Now I am going to pray I lose weight overnight. Might just work :)

Admin UD said...

My nipples pop out of my bra without notice! Now, that's definitely the part most blokes won't mind at all ;)

However, all indications points to the fact that you're gettn chubby. You gotta do wat yu gotta do!

Don said...

Size 12 isn't fat. lol. You are what we like to call "thick."

Trust me, it's a compliment.

UnNaked Soul said...

"be careful what you ask for...."

nipples popin? LOL

I have a remedy for you as soon as u make up your mind what size u wish to be... *wink*