Changing Faces

Friday, February 8, 2008

Dressmaking

Hi...?

Hello...?

Compliments...?


Sincerely, i dont know how to start this post, all i just wanna say is, i have missed you all...i miss the net like crazy....i miss blogsville, most especially.

Well, i havent deliberately kept away from this ville, i have just been busy, yea, really busy....for a good cause though. Ofcourse, i know i should have stopped by to drop a line or two for you all to know i am still alive, just didnt know how to go about dropping a line...(grinning).

I resigned from my last employment.

It just wasnt challenging anymore... i felt enclosed in a cage where i couldnt move, freely. I needed space. I craved for a situation where things could be done differently. I actually longed for an environment where i could solely develope a project and watch it grow. I simply wasnt getting any kick out of it all.

At the beginning, it was fun. I was involved with things i had only learnt theoretically in school, so it was pure excitement. But as time went by, i realised i had to wake up in the morning, dress modestly ( i mean corporately) and report to an office where i had to do the same things over and over again. I am just not cut out for monotonous activities, not at all.

Although resigning has restricted my access to the internet, i still look forward to moments like now that i can get in touch with you all.

So, I am jobless and penniless.... ehn?

What will i do with this endless time on my hands?

Interestingly, i have gotten myself hooked with something that is more challenging, more frustrating if i dont get it right, more exciting, more tiring, more time consuming and more creative.

I am into dressmaking.

Yea, you read right.

I started learning the profession second week of january and as of the moment this post is being composed, i have a chic gown - laid on my bed cos its like a prized trophy- made by moi! I designed a gown, cut it then put the pieces together and i made me a lovely gown.

I am so thrilled with my accomplishment. My mistress was and is still filled with pride at my progress. I am still dazed that i could really do what i did in just 4 weeks! So, bloggers, start sending your measurements so i can practise with your fabrics LOL!

Well, i have to rest my needle pinched fingers for tonight.

I dont know when next i'll post to this blog. I dont know when next i'll read from you all. But much that i know is that, you all are in my thoughts, daily. Stuff pops into my head and am like - i need to post this on blogsville- then i realise i am seated in front of a sewing machine with a measuring tape around my neck, a pencil behind my ear and i laugh and at times, i sob at that other life that i so much long for but has to be on hold in order to fulfil another life that is so much in need... wierd right?

Lotsa luv!

6 comments:

UnNaked Soul said...

big ups to your new dream babes...
looking forwar to seeing your collection on runways *wink*

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Yippeee! I am so happy to read an update! You go girl! Taking risks is the hardest thing to do. You took a personal audit of your life, didn't like what you saw and made the courageous decision to change things. Good for you.

Can you take pictures of you working, your pieces in progress and upon completion? Put them on your blog in lieu of posts.

I'm rooting for you, okay?

Don said...

Happy Valentines Day, simplynuttie.

Do your life thang. Blogsville will be here.

Can you make me a Gordon Gartrelle shirt? LOL.

ozaveshe said...

simplynuttie, you can take my measurements anytime you want to...

tobenna said...

You know what? You could offer online customised tailoring for people like us. With an online catalogue for us to choose from. For guys, local baffs would be cool. DOn't know what works for ladies.
Hold that.

KemiMamaLopes said...

Great to hear that all is well. Well done for following your dreams. I do envy you. Take care, Kemi