Changing Faces

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

He Cries.

Bushy eyebrows that archs gracefully.
Eyes so dark and piercing to make you stare in curiosity.
A beautifully shaped mouth that curls seductively when in laughter.
Lips that looks sexy enough to chew, lick and kiss.


Strong arms.
Firm butt.
Long legs.
Appealing smell.
A well defined body.


A heart that gives warmth.
A mind that is calculating and accomodating.
A soul that is deep, sensual and vicious, maybe when provoked.
A being that is imperfect.


A character that is defining.
Great sense of humor.
An attitude that is wacky.
Dress sense: always attractive.

A ruthless and shrewd business mogul.
An avid reader of books.
Religious
A philosopher.


A man.
Born of woman.


Yet, he cries.
Deep sounds coming from within.
At times, he howls.
At times, he just whimpers.


Its scary.
I feel like running away.
I want to embrace and console him.
Kiss the tears away.


What am i supposed to do?
Do i cry with him?
Smile inwardly?
How do i pet him?


Really, how do you handle a man that cries?

7 comments:

lea78 said...

when mine cries i cry with him. It brings us closer, how can i not help but cry to see the man the strong man that I love, broken. It leaves me feeling inadequate and open.

Afrobabe said...

Just hold him...Hold him so tight he knows you are there...

Really it only brings you closer.

Afrobabe said...

oh,and i was so taken by the lovely pics I almost didnt see the pots.

The pic in the car with a pink top makes you look like my late pastor, Pastor Bimb..

The one with curly hair and hand on neck looks dead SEXY!!!

Don said...

That was a pretty good poem, Simply. You captured emotion well within your words and thoughts.

If you ever see me crying, just hold me. Don't talk. Just hold me.

Anu boy said...

Oh well, nice poem, uhmm, i am a guy who is definately not in touch with his feelings... oh well, i have nothing to say, me i would leave the person alone, i need help too... somebody help me

Jupiter's Girl said...

Let them cry. It gets up and out. Console with words - "it's going to be allright, you'll see."

D. McFadden said...

THAT POEM WAS BEATIFUL.IF MY MAN WAS TO CRY I WILL CRY WITH HIM AS I HOLD HIM AND COMFORT HIM IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE